Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has been playing a vital role in producing quality engineers ever since it was established in the year 2007. The department runs one under graduate program and two post graduate programs to cater to the ever – changing needs of technical excellence in all areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering such as VLSI & Embedded Systems, Telecommunications, Signal Processing etc. The intake for Under Graduate Program (B.Tech) is 120. The department also offers Post Graduation programs with specialization in Digital Electronics and Communication Systems (DECS) with an intake of 18 and VLSI & Embedded Systems Design with an intake of 24.
The department headed by the Professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors who are experts in their respective disciplines. The department has got every facility to groom the students as per the demands of the industries and MNCs. The department has highly modernized laboratories with sophisticated equipment, which improves the practical working competency in the students and the confidence.
The department aims at educating and training students with sound knowledge and awareness in the latest trends in Electronics and Communication Engineering. The regular interaction session with eminent Professors from reputed universities create awareness in the student about the latest developments in the field of science and technology. This helps students to fix up their right goals for their bright future.
The Department of ECE is having professional society memberships like ISTE and actively participates in conducting various events in association with the above mentioned professional bodies periodically. The Department comprising of the faculty members and the student members. It organizes the co-curricular and extracurricular activities for the students in order to sharpen their creativity. The department periodically conducts quiz programs, seminars and group discussions and so on to promote their professional interest and make them aware of the latest technology and its advances.
The Department of ECE has an excellent placement record. The Department nurtures students to enhance leadership skills, technical skills, and management abilities applicable to needs of Industries. Students have obtained prestigious placements with leading companies. A few are pursuing their higher studies at prestigious institutions in India and abroad as well. Alumni of ECE Department of Dr.K.V.S.R.I.T. Occupy key positions in industry and are successful as entrepreneurs.
Faculty are encouraged to take independent initiatives with collective responsibility in all the relevant academic and R & D dimensions like Teaching, Curriculum development, Research and Development, continuing education or organization of conferences / workshops, symposia etc. They have ample freedom to associate as members of team with other faculty, research engineers or with faculty in interdisciplinary areas.
To be a centre for academic excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering education through knowledge acquisition, dissemination and generation to cater for industrial and societal needs.
M1. To provide effective teaching – learning pedagogy with contemporary instruction.
M2. To harness industry-institution interaction for training in industry oriented skills.
M3. To inculcate research awareness, leadership abilities, human values and professional ethics to the learners.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The educational objectives of the under-graduate programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering at Dr. K. V. Subba Reddy Institute of Technology, Kurnool (AP) are to prepare graduates to possess the ability
PEO1: Graduates of the program will have strong fundamental knowledge in Electronics and Communication Engineering, analytical, critical reasoning and problem-solving skills to develop innovative solutions.
PEO2: Graduates will professionally progress in electronics, communication and related areas with an inclination towards R&D and lifelong learning.
PEO3: Graduates will have leadership qualities to work in diversified teams in multidisciplinary environment.
PEO4: Graduates will have professionally deft and intellectually adept to have solutions to complex problems in changing technologies in ECE and allied fields.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO1: Analyze and design electronic systems for signal processing and communication applications.
PSO2: Demonstrate the conceptual domain knowledge with respect to architecture, design, analysis and engineering deployment in data communication and computer networking.
PSO3: Identify and apply domain specific tools for design, analysis, synthesis and validation of VLSI and Communication Systems.
Program Outcomes (POs)
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design / development of solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to ones own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.